This visa allows you to visit the United Kingdom for leisure, for example a holiday or to see your family and friends, for business or take part in sports or creative events or for another reason like to receive private medical treatment.
All applicants in this category must show the UK Immigration Authorities that they can financially maintain and accommodate themselves in the UK without recourse to public funding or working. However, they can show that they have assistance from family members living in the UK.
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You might be able to stay longer if you’re coming to the UK for private medical treatment up to 11 months. If you can prove you need to visit the UK regularly over a long period, you can apply for visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years and you can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:
- for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
- for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
- for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
Example: You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
- The Government of Canada has invited […]
- Seven other Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program […]
- Two new immigration streams expected this […]
- 90% of invitations in first half […]
- The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, one […]
One passport-sized photograph.
Passport and/or travel documents.
Proof of finances.
Bank statements or pay slips covering a 6 month period.
Accommodation and travel details.
Copy of the biometric (main page of your passport).
Letter of invitation from you stating your address in the UK.
Application UK VISA
Applicant can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.