UNITED STATE Student Permit

UNITED STATE  Student Permit


A citizen of a foreign country who would like to study in the United States must have a student visa. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 visa. A student must apply to and be accepted by a SEVP approved school to apply at U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an F or M student visa. F-1 and M-1 visa can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. This visa can be renewed at anytime as long as they have maintained their status as a student and their SEVIS record is current. An interview will also be required in this case.


To enter the United States on F-1 visa you need to attend the following:

  • University or College
  • Highschool
  • Private Elementary School
  • Seminary
  • Conservatory
  • Another Academic institution, including language training program


To enter the United States on M-1 visa you need to attend the following:

  • Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program

Your Free Assessment

More News