New Zealand Study Permit

New Zealand Study Permit


New Zealand schools, universities and institutes are recognized worldwide for their high teaching standards. A New Zealand qualification can be a valuable asset enhancing your career prospects internationally. All eight of New Zealand’s universities are among the world’s top 500 in the QS World University Rankings 2015/16. It’s also amongst the world’s top 50 for teaching accounting and finance, business and management, computer science, civil and structural engineering, agriculture and forestry, veterinary science and nine other important disciplines.


You’ll need a student visa if you want to study full time in New Zealand for more than 3 months.


Before you apply for a student visa, you must be accepted into a course with an approved educational provider.


Most NZ student visas let you work up to 20 hours a week during term-time and full time during holidays. If you have to complete work experience as part of your training, this can be additional to your 20 hours a week.


Masters by research and PhD students can work as many hours as they like.

Your Free Assessment

More News